IW offers quality training that will expand your business, to offer specialty services to your clients.
Register separately for these courses. All pre- and post-conference courses provide ASHI CEs. Courses are held at the Town and Country Convention Center.
- Friday, January 18th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (8 ASHI CEs)
- Instructor: Skip Walker
- Free tuition
FEMA P-50 and P-50-1, Simplified Seismic Assessment of Detached, Single-Family, Wood-Frame Dwellings, and Seismic Retrofit Guidelines for Detached, Single-Family, Wood-Frame Dwellings provide professional house inspectors tools they can use to evaluate the seismic vulnerabilities of single-family, wood-frame dwellings, and provide methods for retrofitting to mitigate potential seismic activity damage.
2 day Infrared-Certified Residential Thermographer Class
- Friday and Saturday, January 18th & 19th, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (16 ASHI CEs)
- Instructor: Bill Fabian, Vice President, Monroe Infrared Technology, Inc.
- Tuition: $495 (IW registrant), $595 (non-IW registrant).
Provides professional home inspectors with basic thermography training including: infrared camera operation, infrared fundamentals, thermal science and heat transfer. Provides thermography examples of structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical construction defects and other infrared applications specific to the home inspection profession. Attendees learn how to create professional infrared reports by image interpretation and the use of correct terminology.
Part 107 Test Preparation Course
Saturday, January 19th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (8 ASHI CEs)
Instructor: Colin Romberger – Dart Drones
Instructor graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University as one of the first 5 students to earn a Master’s Degree in Unmanned Aircraft Systems, with a focus in Flight Operations and Systems Design. Colin also holds multiple FAA Airman Certificates for manned aircraft operations.
DARTdrones Part 107 Test Prep Course will teach students everything they need to know to pass their FAA Remote Pilot Certificate. Instructor will cover 13 main sections including: regulations, airspace, flight restrictions, chart study, airport operations, radio communications, aviation weather, maintenance and pre-flight procedures, crew resource management and aeronautical decision making, sUAS loading and performance, hazards to flight and emergency procedures, aviation physiology, and taking the exam. Students will receive 8 hours of in-person test prep, 300 FAA Part 107 practice questions, 50-page printed study guide, full access to our Chief Pilot for future questions, and 6-months access to our complete online Part 107 Test Prep course.
U.S. Dept. of Energy Home Energy Score Certified Assessor Training
- Saturday, January 19th, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (8 ASHI CEs)
- Instructors: Brent Loya and Ken Slattery
- Tuition: $300
Attendees will need to bring: Up-to-date Laptop.
Separate your business from the competition with the Home Energy Score. Power through what is normally the most time-consuming portion of the U.S. DOE’s required Home Energy Score training in a one-day classroom setting with Home Energy Score experts Brent Loya and Ken Slattery. This class will give you a head start into a program that is becoming as standard as a home inspection during a real estate transaction. As part of the classroom cost, attendees will immediately be able to begin the final portion of the DOE required training; completing a Mentored Home Energy Score through I.D. Energy’s Award Winning Virtual Mentorship program.
This package includes all aspects of the DOE required training and ensures efficiency, ease, and access to becoming a U.S. DOE Home Energy Score Certified Assessor!
For more information about the Home Energy Score visit: www.EnergyScoreUSA.com
Questions? Email: HomeEnergyScore@InspectionDepot.com or Call 866-499-4921
Level 1 Certified Thermographer Live Class
- Saturday, January 19th 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (20 ASHI CEs)
- Instructor: Peter Hopkins, Level 3 Thermographer
- Tuition: $1,695 (IW Registrants), - $1,795 (Non-Registrant).
- 32 hours online, 8 hours hands-on training and exam
Many home inspectors offer thermal imaging as an add-on service. However, without certification from a recognized and accredited organization, inspectors lack the necessary credentials to perform thermographic imaging with the recognition of being a Certified Level 1 thermographer.
Now, for the first time, Level 1 hybrid online/group training, in conjunction with Infraspection Institute, is being offered with the home inspector in mind...taught by a Level 3 Certified Thermographer/Home Inspector from United Infrared.
Complete the theoretical portion of your infrared certification online through Infraspection Institute, then come to the live class for the interactive benefits of live instruction held pre-conference. The live class includes 4 hours of Level 1 review material, followed by the Level I Certified Infrared Thermographer® exam. The exam fee of $350 is included in your tuition.
Infrared theory, heat transfer concepts, equipment operation and selection, standards compliance, image analysis and report generation are covered. Students are trained to identify and document thermal patterns caused by improper design, workmanship or material failure.
Perfect for students who cannot spend 4 days in a classroom, but still wish to experience personal interactive instruction with a qualified Level 3 thermographer.
One-day NHIE Prep Class
- Sunday, January 20th, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm Class
- Tuesday, January 22nd, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm Class
- Instructor: Bruce Barker, ACI, the author of the NHIE Home Inspection Manual
- (8 ASHI CEs) Approved by ICC.
- Tuition: $149 (IW registrant), $199 (Non-registrant).
This class is primarily intended help new inspectors prepare to take the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE). Experienced inspectors will also benefit from attending taking this class. We will cover some topics you may have forgotten, or that you were never taught. Each question is similar to one that might appear on the NHIE. An audience member will offer an answer. Some questions provide illustrations or pictures to help you visualize and remember the concepts.
Pre-class study is required. Read the manual and guide to prepare for class. Purchase the NHIE Home Inspection Manual and the Study Guide - $99 ASHI Member Price. Order by phone (800) 743-2744.
NADRA Deck Inspection Certification Class
- Sunday, January 20th, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (4 ASHI CEs)
- Instructor: Jim Mailey, NADRA National Instructor and Training Manager, Simpson Strong-Tie
- Tuition Option $199: Includes attending class, exam, and, upon passing exam, earning one year certification and one year NADRA Branch membership.
- Tuition Option $299: Includes attending class, exam, and, upon passing exam, earning 3 year certification and 3 year NADRA Branch membership
- Tuition Option $99: Includes attending class. Exam, certification and membership are not included.
This program will allow the home inspector the opportunity to employ the ability to safely inspect a deck using the NADRA Deck Evaluation checklist. The NADRA Deck Evaluation checklist has been developed specifically for home inspectors as a comprehensive tool to be used to properly assess the safety issues of a deck. After the program the home inspector will understand how to analyze the following deck components and issues and more;
- Footings and Posts
- Joist Connections
- Ledger Connections
- Deck Boards
- Handrail Assemblies and Guards
- Recognize proper and improper fasteners
- Assess hardware or material corrosion
- Review of the safety standards of all (decks, stairs, guards) structures.
Rapid Growth Formula Training
- Sunday, January 20th, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Instructor: Greg Bryan, IEB Lead Inspection Coach & Dirk Van Reenen, IEB Lead Business Coach
- Tuition: $97
Inspector Empire Builder trains and coaches Rapid Growth Formula, a proven system to build your inspection company faster, with higher profits, and enjoy more free time. Learn the models that can help your business break through its current ceiling and move forward like never before. Discover how to grow faster with lower marketing costs, how to find and hire the right people to drive the growth in your business, how to begin spending more time with your family while having more money in your bank account. Home inspectors across America are winning in huge ways with Rapid Growth Formula and IEB, now it's your chance to join the conversation.
Inspecting Pools and Spas Class
- Sunday, January 20th, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (4 ASHI CEs)
- Instructor: Michael Conley, ACI
- Tuition: $225
This four hour class explains and clarifies the world of pools, spas, and its corresponding equipment. Attendees will learn about electrical requirements, how the different equipment operates, common problems found in and around pools and spas. An emphasis is placed on teaching inspectors to identify safety risks associated with pools and spas. A pool and spa inspection consists of four phases that are covered:
- Inspection of the pool/spa placement and protection fencing
- Inspection of the pool/spa shell and coping
- Inspection of the equipment including gas and electrical connections
- Identification and function test of equipment
Goal: Upon completion of this class students will be able to perform an inspection and write a clear, understandable report on residential pools or spas according to ASHI Pool Standards, & National Swimming Pool Foundation. The recent California requirements will also be introduced.
Sewer Scan Training
- Wednesday, January 23rd, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Instructor: Peter Hopkins - United Infrared
- Level 3 Certified Thermographer
- Tuition: $495 (IW registrant), $595 (Non-registrant).
Sewer Scan is a training course intended to help contractors complement and grow their current business with underground piping inspections via a sewer camera. Adding SewerScan is an excellent way for you to add new revenue to your business. The training will focus on equipment selection, proper set up, how-to survey, sample findings, pitfalls, reporting, and marketing a successful business. Along with training, you will receive 2 years of free listing on SewerScan.com for potential job leads.
- Anatomy of the sewer system
- Sewer camera and related equipment
- Protocol and procedure
- Case studies
- Report writing
Commercial Building Inspection Course
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday, January 25th, 26th & 27th
- 3-day Class / 24 ASHI CEs
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm each day at Town & Country Convention Center
- Instructor: Richard Weldon, P.Eng., LEED AP
- Tuition: $1,395.00 (ASHI member), $1,795.00 (Non-Member).
Register and pay for this class on the ASHI School website. Phone 888-884-0440 for information.
A professional engineer will teach students all they need to know to get a commercial inspection business up and running. Commercial inspections can generate up to 80% more revenue than residential inspections in an equivalent amount of time.